The Harold G. Fox Education Fund
Advocacy Experience Scholarships to London and Toronto
to London, England
The Harold G. Fox Education Fund scholarship is for lawyers recently called to the Bar of Ontario.
Two scholarships are awarded annually. Highlights of the scholarship include:
- Work placement for newly called lawyers at the Inns of Court in London, England.
- Assignment to two sets or more of barristers’ chambers for a period of one court year.
- Admission to Goodenough College, a postgraduate residential community centrally located in London and within walking distance to Middle Temple.
to Toronto, Canada
The Harold G. Fox Education Fund scholarship is for members of any Inn
up to five years’ call or about to be called to the Bar in the U.K.
Two scholarships are awarded annually. Highlights of the
- A 10-month placement at a boutique litigation firm in Toronto.
- Lakeside accommodation within walking distance to downtown Toronto.
Harold G. Fox Education Fund
The Fund sponsors two work placements each year at the Inns of Court in London, England. The scholars are placed with leading barristers, have an opportunity to marshall with one or more members of the judiciary and attend the Middle Temple’s student advocacy program. The scholarship guarantees accommodation and admission to Goodenough College in London, which is within walking distance of Middle Temple.
The Fund also sponsors two scholarships each year for members of any Inn up to five years’ call, or about to be called to the Bar, to spend 10 months in Toronto law firms which have highly regarded litigation departments. The scholars reside in two lakeside condominium units owned by the Fund in downtown Toronto.